Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wet n Wild Blue Wants to Be a Millionaire

Well, I turned in my last assignment on Sunday, so my semester is officially over!  Grades probably won't be posted for a few days, but I get to have some time off, finally!  And of course that means I will be playing with my pretties and posting much more often.  :)

I feel like I have so much to share today.  I've been seeing photos of the new Color Club holiday collection called Beyond the Mistletoe.  If you haven't seen it yet, it's full of gorgeous holographic glitters.  As soon as I saw photos I decided I needed it ASAP and went on the hunt.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find it anywhere (except online), so while I was at the mall I found a collection of Claire's minis that look somewhat similar.  I decided to get them to hold me over until I find the real deal. :D  I'm going to swatch them and post pics soon.  Here are a couple photos of the collection:



The silver and black are crackle polishes.  I really only bought it for the holographic polishes.

Also, while I was hunting around for the new Color Club collection, I stumbled across a huge lemming (lemming: a polish you want really, really bad but don't have yet), OPI DS Extravagance.  I've been wanting this polish for at least a year and just couldn't find it.  I was so disappointed and actually started giving up hope on it.  Well, I found it and got so excited I actually gasped out loud and said, "Oh my god!"  Another customer actually came over all excited, asking, "What? What?"  LOL  Anyway, I grabbed the bottle to take a closer look, I was so excited to have found it finally... and... meh.  Not impressed.  I had seen so many gorgeous photos of it and knew I would just love it, but in person it's so... blah.  The holographic finish seemed so subtle and boring.  Maybe OPI changed their formula or something.  All I know is that I was not impressed.  So the other lady purchased it for her granddaughter.  At least someone will enjoy it. :)  Has that ever happened to you and a lemming?

Alright, time for pictures!  Today I want to show you Wet n Wild Blue Wants to Be a Millionaire from the FastDry collection.  I have no idea why it took me so long to discover this one, considering it's been around for months.  It's a dusty blue jelly infused with loads of holographic micro glitter.  The formula is great and I needed 3 coats for opacity, although you can still see the visible nail line (VNL) just a bit.  It dried super fast with a slightly rough finish.  You'll definitely need top coat over this one if you don't like the rough glitter texture.  I wore this one for about 3 days before removing it, and it didn't chip at all.  I only paid $1.99 and it's so pretty... what a good deal!

I wore 3 coats of Blue Wants to Be a Millionaire, and 1 coat of quick dry top coat.

Photo taken in artificial light.

Photo taken in artificial light.

Photo taken in artificial light.

That's all for today.  Thanks for looking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment