Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Claire's Mini Holographics and Crackles

As promised, I have swatches of the Claire's holographic and crackle set I purchased awhile back.  The set is 5 polishes: 3 holographic polishes in blue, green, & pink and 2 crackles in silver & black.

Let's start with the crackles.  I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of these crackles.  The black was very opaque, and had nice big cracks when applied thick, and smaller cracks when applied thin.  You can see on my pinky I applied a thin layer and there are several small cracks, whereas on my index and middle fingers the crackle is much thicker and has wider cracks.  To be honest, I like the crackle effect better than OPI's Black Shatter.  For some reason Black Shatter only cracks in like 3 places and the color underneath is barely visible.  With this Claire's crackle there are lots of cracks.  Here's black crackle swatched over Sinful Colors Snow Me White and INM Northern Lights Holographic Top Coat.

Photo taken in natural light.


The silver shatter was also pretty good.  It was slightly sheer so I needed to apply thicker coats so the silver was noticeable.  Here's silver crackle swatched over Sinful Colors Snow Me White and INM Northern Lights Holographic Top Coat.

Photo taken in natural light.

Now for the holographics.  Each of these has small holographic hexagonal glitter and square microglitter suspended in a colored jelly base.



They were all very sheer and needed at least 3 coats for opacity.  I applied 1, 2, and 3 coats so you could see how sheer they are.  Each photo is only the Claire's holographic polish, with no base or top coat.

Blue:
Photo taken in natural light.

Green:
Photo taken in natural light.

 Pink:
Photo taken in artificial light.

I think these polishes are best suited for layering since they are chunky and so sheer.  They weren't the easiest to apply, but they are super pretty so I don't mind.

That's all for now.  Thanks for looking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment