Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Color Club Fame and Fortune

Hi everyone!  I meant to post these earlier but things were pretty busy around here and I didn't get a chance.  This ended up being my Christmas manicure.  I wore Color Club Fame and Fortune from the Backstage Pass collection.  Fame and Fortune has shards of holographic material suspended in a deep, ruby red base.  The base is sheer, so I layered it over OPI Kennebunk-port.  The formula on this polish was surprisingly good and easy to apply.  My only complaint is that the shards of holographic had a tendency to clump up, especially the big pieces, so I had to spread them out with the brush.

I knew I would need to wear this mani for at least 4 days, and since chipped nail polish is my mortal enemy, I needed to make sure it lasted.  This is 1 coat of base coat, 1 coat of Kennebunk-port, 1 coat of Fame and Fortune, 2 coats of Nailene Acrylic Strong top coat, and 1 coat of quick dry top coat.  Phew!  Lots of layers, but there was minimal bubbling and the mani lasted 5 days without chipping.  Sorry about my ragged cuticles. :(

Photo taken in artificial light.


Photo taken in artificial light.

Thanks for reading and have a great week!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment