Monday, April 11, 2011

Matted Flakies!

I'm super excited for today's manicure!  I love flakie top coats but it's sometimes hard to capture all that beauty on camera.  Let's get straight to it.


I started with one coat of OPI Kennebunk-port.



Next, I added one coat of Nubar 2010, then 2 coats of quick dry top coat.  Flakies are like glitter - they eat top coat.  I usually need at least 2 coats of top coat to get a smooth, glossy finish over glitter or flakies.


It's so shiny that it's hard to capture the flakies.


Finally, because I just couldn't help myself, I applied one coat of Essie Matte About You.


Look how pretty the flakies are matted!


 I love the varied colors!


I hope you enjoy the flakies as much as I do.  Admittedly, I can't stop checking out my manicure today. 

Cycling Update:

I posted over the weekend that the bikes were back from the shop and freshly tuned up.  Well, after we got home we realized that my bike is missing the lock ring on the bottom bracket.  Since the shop is closed on Sundays the bike is going in today.  I'm happy we didn't ride this weekend like we initially intended, that could have been a disaster!  Since I'm a little peeved with the shop for not doing the job correctly the first time, I have decided that I will not help them research any cycling gear until my bike is whole again.  After all, I'm doing them a favor, and they were providing me a service I've paid for.  While I wait for the weather to improve and for my bike to be complete, I'll leave you with this:




(Photo courtesy of I Love Cycling!)



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment