Saturday, April 9, 2011

Black Tips and New Brakes

Sometimes manicures start out as a great idea (in my head) and just don't translate when I try them.  Last night's mani was a shining example.  I wanted something pastel-y for spring, so I tried a light pink.  Then, I decided I wanted something funky so I added black tips.  Needless to say, it didn't turn out as expected.

Here's the pink without tips.  I actually liked how this looked and probably should have left it alone.  It's a nice spring color.  My only complaint is how slow the Maybelline dries... I'm inpatient!

Base Coat: Sally Hansen Double Duty
Color: Maybelline Salon Expert - Born With It
Top Coat: Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat



Now here's where it gets funky...  And yes, I free-handed the tips.  Those guide strips might have worked better but I didn't feel like using them.

Tips: Sinful Colors Black on Black





In other news, the bikes are back from the shop.  They're all tuned up with a new set of brakes and ready to go.  Now if the weather would just cooperate...  It's supposed to be windy and rainy most of the week so I doubt there will be a chance to ride.  Our shop wants to expand their selection of women's cycling clothing and asked me to do a little research on various brands and styles, then report back.  So while I'm sitting indoors, resentful that I can't ride my bike, I will instead indulge in researching a plethora of gear.  Most likely I will want to buy most of it.  I could really use a pair of business-casual pants or capris for days when I want to ride to work.  I want something similar to these ones I found on REI.com, but a little less sporty looking.


Here's to sun and cycling!  Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment