Tuesday, July 3, 2012

4th of July Nails!

Hello everyone!  Today I have my Independence Day manicure to show you.  I'm so excited because I'm usually terrible at stamping.  My images almost always end up smeared or off-center.  However, I feel like I did a pretty good job with placement this time.  It looks like a lot is going on, but this manicure was actually really easy.

Photo taken in sunlight.


The main white base is LA Colors Energy Source, but any white creme will work.  I used Konad Special Polish in red and blue for the stamps.  I used Shany plates SH 12 and SH 13 for the blue and red stars.  The star image is duplicated on both plates, so I alternated using red and blue polish on the stars.




Alternating the colors gave me a nice design because it allowed me to have large stars in both colors. You can certainly use only one plate, but you will have to clean it more often so the colors don't blend.

For the accent nail I used LA Colors Live, a silver metallic.  Then, I used Konad Special White Polish and Konad plate m3 for the design.

And that's it!  Finish it off with some top coat and you have a cute 4th of July manicure.

Photo taken in natural light.

Thanks for reading!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment