Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tiny Striped Nail Art


Hello everyone! I discovered a new technique for making stripes on your nails and I had to try it.  I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with this technique, but I had never seen it until recently.  Here's the YouTube video I used: http://youtu.be/o5CTNGcFbzg.

You basically put a couple drops of polish on a (disposable) surface and swirl it with your dotting tool or orangewood stick.  Keep swirling it and lifting up some polish until it gets thick and stringy.  Then, once it starts making thin threads (think spider webs) you pull them over your nail and wrap, so the thin threads stick to your base color.  You end up with these tiny little stripes of polish on your nails.  It's a pretty neat method, but I will say it took forever.

I started with two coats of Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow, a bright yellow creme.  Then, for the stripes I used Sinful Colors Timbleberry, a pink creme, and Sinful Colors Big Daddy, an orange jelly.  I finished with a coat of quick dry top coat.

It's hard to see the pink and orange separately in these photos, but it makes for a pretty finished look.


Artificial light.

Artificial light.

Thanks for reading!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow this looks fantastic! I've been seeing this technique pop up and really need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carly! You should post pics on your blog when you do! :)

      Delete