Thursday, January 5, 2012

My First Konad!

Hello!  So, as you can guess by the title of this post, I finally got a set of Konad stampers and plates.  I've wanted one for over a year, but I knew it would turn into a black hole of time wasting and "experimenting," so for my own good I decided not to purchase one. 

Well, this year for Christmas hubby and I proposed the idea for both of our families that we do a Secret Santa, in which everyone draws a name and only buys gifts for that person.  We hoped it would help keep everyone's budgets in check, as well as cut down on the madness of Christmas shopping for several people.  In order to facilitate the process, we started a wish list so everyone could ask for specific things and their "Santas" would have an idea of what to buy.  Well, lucky me - hubby drew my name for BOTH families! :D  Yay!  He did such a good job and got me everything on my list, including the Konad (which I added at the last minute, not really expecting anyone to buy it).  He also got me a set of 25 Shany plates, which I did not ask for.  So he must have done some research to figure out that I would need more plates.  He did such a good job!  :)  Well, I spent a good part of New Year's Eve day messing around with my new Konad set.  Like 4 hours.  Yeah... black hole of time wasting and "experimenting."

This is nothing fancy, but I wanted to show it off since it's my first "real" mani using Konad.  This is 1 coat of base coat and 2 coats of Color Club Voodoo You Do.  The design was stamped using Shany plate SH20 and Sally Hansen Metallic Momentum.  I finished the look with 1 coat of quick dry top coat.

Photo taken in natural light.


Photo taken in natural light.

Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment