Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Color Club It's A Hit!

First, I want to say Happy New Year to everyone! :)  Hopefully 2012 has some great things in store for everyone.  2011 was a pretty good year for me, so I'm hoping 2012 is just as good.

I have another glitter to show you from the Color Club Backstage Pass collection.  This one is called It's A Hit!, and it has large lavender hex glitter and square microglitter suspended in a clear base.  This polish was a total pain to apply, but the results are amazing so I don't care.  The huge pieces of glitter were stuck together in several layers, so as I was brushing it on, they were spreading out while remaining overlapped.  It's like they cut the glitter in sheets and they never separated or something.  It made the polish annoying to work with, but at the same time there was plenty of coverage on the nail.  I ended up with a lot of glitter in the middle of the nail and had to place the glitter on the rest of my nail using the brush.  Luckily the clear base is pretty thick, so I only needed 2 coats of top coat to even everything out.  One problem with the large hex glitter is that they don't lay flat on the nail, so the edges just stuck out off the nail creating a sharp bump.

I layered It's A Hit! over 2 coats of LA Colors Electrified.  I really loved this look since it was SO blingy.  My sister called them "mermaid nails."  And my nails were at that awesome stage where they're long but haven't broken or started to get a weird warped shape.  That stage only lasts about a day and then they get ugly and I have to cut them.  :(  I don't know if that happens to anyone else, but it drives me nuts when my nails start doing weird things so I just sport nubbins for a couple weeks.  But that's the fun of having natural nails, I guess!

Photo taken in artificial light.


Photo taken in artificial light.

So do you have a New Year's resolution?  I think my big one is to be more stress-free this year and stop letting the little things bother me. 

Thanks for reading!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment