Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sinful Colors Dream On

Hi again everyone!  I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend.  Mine has been fantastic so far.  I've spent it mostly catching up on homework and looking forward to next week, which is my spring break.  I plan to spend lots of time playing with different nail polishes and having some looks ready to post throughout the week!  It was really sunny yesterday and today so I wore Makeup Store Greta for a day.  It's so chippy that I barely made it two hours without destroying it, so I tried putting some Claire's black crackle on it, just to see how it would look.  No holographic nail polish should ever be subjected to such a thing!  It looked terrible and the holo effect barely showed.  Poor Greta.  :(  But she kinda deserves it for being so flaky...  har har har!

Today I want to show you a color I recently found at my local Rite Aid, Sinful Colors Dream On.  This is a matte neon purple, that looks very, very similar to Jesse's Girl Wild Thing.  I'm 99% sure they're dupes, but I haven't had a chance to comparison swatch them yet.  Maybe I should do it and post them for your reference.  Dream On was easy to apply and mostly opaque in 2 coats.  (You'll see in the photos below that my pinky was pretty sparse, but I couldn't tell until after I photographed it.)  If you apply thin coats, make sure to do three for good measure and solid coverage.  It's a super pretty color, perfect for spring or summer.  I think this would look extra cute with black jeans and a black cardigan, then have a pop of color on your tips.  Super cute!  Muah!

This is 2 coats of Dream On and one coat of quick dry top coat.

Photo taken in sunlight.

I decided that since Dream On was a neon, it would work with some glitter.  So, I added Color Club Backstage Pass and then matted it with NYC Matte Me Crazy.

Photo taken in sunlight.

Thanks for reading and have a fantastic weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment