Friday, March 23, 2012

Sally Hansen Antiqued Gold

Hello everyone!  Sally Hansen Antiqued Gold has been out for several months now, but I couldn't find it for quite awhile.  I finally got it and actually wore it, so I wanted to share.

This is 2 coats of Sally Hansen Cherry Nice and 1 coat of Antiqued Gold.  I finished with 1 coat of top coat.  The formula and application were a little tricky.  The gold is sheer, and it seems that thicker coats yield larger cracks (which I prefer), so I was sort of globbing on thick coats of crackle.  I mean, dip the brush once, slather on one stroke, dip again, slather on another stroke, etc.  Even after caking it on, I can still see how sheer it is, which I don't like because I prefer 2 distinct colors with the bottom color peeking through the cracks, not red with a thin coat of translucent gold on top.  I'm actually starting to get burned out on crackles.  I probably won't buy anymore unless something truly awesome is released.  I wore this for a day before getting bored of it.

Photo taken in natural light.


Photo taken in natural light.

Do you like crackles?  If so, which is your favorite?

Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment