Sunday, July 31, 2011

Island Girl Aloha Luau

Hi everyone! As promised, I have one of my new Island Girl Hawaii nail polishes to show you.  I picked up a few when I went to Maui.  This one is called Aloha Luau and it's a pale blue-based purple, almost lavender, shimmer.  The shimmer is subtle, and you almost can't see it unless you're in direct light.  The formula of this polish is different than anything I've ever used.  It's almost gritty.  It's also pretty thick, but not goopy, just thicker than most other polishes I wear.  The application was easy, and I only needed 2 coats for opacity.  It dried extremely fast, and matte, which was surprising because the formula was so thick.  The wear time was not great.  It chipped in 3 days, and I was using Nailene Acrylic Strong top coat, which usually gives me a good 5 days of wear time.  It's a fabulous color though, and despite the terrible wear time I love it!

This is one coat of strengthening base coat, 2 coats of Aloha Luau, 1 coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong top coat, and 1 coat of quick dry top coat.

Photos taken in direct sunlight.




Thanks for looking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment