Friday, February 24, 2012

Pretty Woman Magnetix

Happy Friday everyone!  I hope you're all having a great day!  I went to Rite Aid the other day and found the Pretty Woman Magnetix polishes and wanted to give them a try.  And I have pics to share with you!

Photo taken in artificial light.
Here's a photo of the display.  None of the bottles have names on them, so I can only describe the colors.  There was a silver, a magenta, a dusty rose (the one I purchased), a copper, and a bronze-gold color.  The display shows a purple but I didn't see one, which was sad because that's the color I would have purchased first.  Each bottle comes with 2 magnets, one with a striped design and one with a swirly design.


Now for the formula and application.  The polish itself was really thick and totally opaque in one coat.  It also dried pretty fast, so I ended up applying one coat of polish, letting it dry, and then applying a second coat.  I used the magnet on the second coat immediately after I applied it.  The magnets seem to work better on thicker coats of polish so I was sort of glopping it on.  But because the polish was so thick I had a hard time getting it smooth.  I will probably add some thinner.  Anyway, the box says to leave the magnets on for 15 seconds, but that's really not enough time since the magnets aren't very strong.  I ended up holding my finger as close to the magnet as possible for a good 30-45 seconds to get a relatively strong design.  I'm not entirely sure how the polish works, but it seems like holding the magnet over it to get the design and then leaving it there until the polish sets would be ideal.

The polish I bought, which doesn't have a name is a dusty rose shimmer.  The item number on the box says FH7751 if that helps. This polish is very interesting.  In most light it looks like a dusty rose shimmer with magenta flecks, but if you catch it in the right light it's actually slightly duochromatic and shifts to a copper, then gold color.  I'm pretty sure it's the iron particles in the polish that are shifting colors.  After the magnet is applied the magenta duochrome particles come to the surface, leaving a distinct pattern comprised of the pink shimmer in one line and the magenta in the other.  For $7.99 it's not a bad deal, but I wish the magnets were stronger.

 
Photo taken in natural light.



Photo taken in artificial light.
Can you see the gold shimmer in this one?

What do you all think?  Do you like the magnetic trend?  Do you think you'll embrace the trend or pass on it?

Thanks for reading and Happy Friday again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment