Saturday, August 4, 2012

NOTD: Layering and Sponging - An Experiment

Hello everyone!  Today I have some pictures for you that are the result of a sponging and layering experiment.  When I created this mani I wasn't sure what exactly I wanted.  I was just messing around and this is what I came up with.  Admittedly, it's not my favorite manicure, but I like posting photos because you never know when something will inspire someone else. :)

I started with 3 coats of LA Colors Energy Source.  Then, using a folded piece of paper towel, I "sponged" on Island Girl Aloha Luau.  Finally, I added a coat of Nubar 2010 and finished it with quick dry top coat.


Natural light.


Natural light.

I like how the flakies add a little extra sparkle to the nails.  Sorry the photos are a little dark, but I found that low light really makes the flakies glow.

Thanks for looking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment