Monday, May 21, 2012

Celebratory Mini-Haul + Nail Art

Well hello there, lovelies!!  I hope you're all doing well and starting your week with a bang.  I did a small celebratory mini-haul yesterday because I received my final grades for the semester. 4.0 baby!  It wasn't easy so I was super relieved  to have my official grades in hand.  I haven't purchased any polish for myself lately, except for a random bottle of Dollar Store polish, so this mini-haul was way overdue.

I purchased Revlon Rain Forest.


Revlon Rain Forest is a dark green creme with tiny color-shifting flakes.  From most angles they look bright chartreuse, but upon closer inspection you can see they shift to blue, then purple.  The shift is only apparent in the bottle though, and I haven't been able to catch it on my nails.  Nonetheless, the color is gorgeous and just complex enough to catch your attention without being over the top.  Rain Forest applied easily and was perfectly opaque in 2 thin coats.  The new Colorstay line of polishes have a wider brush than other lines, something akin to the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri mop-brush, although much easier to control and not nearly as wide.  It was completely smooth without top coat.


 I also purchased Pure Ice First Time.


First Time is a minty frost/metallic.  I only swatched one nail, but from what I could tell this is easily a one coater, as it is highly pigmented and provides awesome coverage.  I also did a test stamp with it and it was perfect. The frostiness means there are pretty obvious brush strokes when applied, so if you don't like that, then pass on this.  It seems to dry pretty quickly also, which is a plus.

Now for the manicure photos.

Revlon Rain Forest: this is 2 coats without base or top coat.

Photo taken in natural light.
 
Photo taken in natural light.

The finished look using both polishes:

Photo taken under natural light bulb.

Thanks for reading!!  Have a great day!

2 comments: