Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine's Manicure

Hello everyone!  Valentine's Day is right around the corner and I figured I'd better hurry up and post something while I have a chance.  It was actually sunny for a few days, which makes photographing my nails a breeze, so I always try to take advantage.  I'm also completely swamped with homework, big surprise.  One of my professors has no problem just piling the work on, then more, and more.  Right now I'm in the middle of writing 3 papers and helping with 2 group projects.  It's hard to stay motivated when the amount of work is so excessive that it seems impossible to finish.  So, I made a deal with myself that if I wrote half of my paper last night I could "play", which means make a franken.  That might seem odd considering the amount of work I have to do, but I've found that if I just keep working non-stop I get burned out.  I'll post photos of the franken in a little bit. :)

Now for the Valentine's Mani.  I started with 2 coats of Sally Hansen Shell We Dance (my go-to french manicure/neutral polish).  I used LA Colors Art Deco Intense Pink for the tips, and LA Colors Art Deco Red Glitter for the lines.  Then, I used Konad Special Red and Konad plates m2 and m3 to stamp the hearts.  Some of the design didn't transfer completely, which was disappointing, but that's Konad.  It's definitely a test of patience.  I waited until everything was very dry and carefully applied 1 coat of quick dry top coat.

Photo taken in sunlight.


Photo taken in sunlight.

Do you have a Valentine's manicure planned, or an anti-Valentine's manicure?

Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment