Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tiger Stripes

Hello!  I have another animal print manicure to share today: tiger stripes!  I was experimenting with the Sally Hansen HD collection and came up with this.

This is 3 coats of both Byte and Spectrum, applied horizontally on the nail in 3 thick bands (Byte, Spectrum, Byte).  I used LA Colors Art Deco in black and Shany plate SH22 for the tiger stripes. I finished the look with quick dry top coat.

Photo taken in artificial light.


Photo taken in artificial light.


Photo taken in artificial light.

I don't have the black Konad Special polish, so I have been using the LA Colors Art Deco black since it's highly pigmented and seems to work pretty well.  I worked great on this manicure, but then I tried using it again for tiger stripes on a different manicure and it didn't work at all.  It transferred, but it was super thick and goopy (even after adding 6 drops of thinner), and there were pieces sticking up off the nail.  After applying top coat the pieces laid flat on the nail, creating a smeared look.  So, I don't know how much longer I will rely on the nail art polish for stamping.  Obviously that's not what it's for, but at $1 a bottle I couldn't pass up the opportunity to at least try it.  Maybe I'll buy a fresh bottle and let you know how it goes.

That's everything for today.  Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment