Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sally Hansen Black Diamond Matted

Hello everyone!  Today I wanted to share a new love of mine: Sally Hansen Black Diamond.  Black Diamond has actually been around for a long time, but it was recently released with the new Diamond Strength Collection in a fancy new bottle.  It’s a black glass flecked polish and the flecks shimmer pink and green.  It’s pretty sheer and needs 2 coats minimum for opacity.

I purchased mine last year sometime and don’t really care for it.  I looked awesome in the bottle.  I swatched it and it’s so boring.  I can’t really say why I don’t like it.  I just don’t.  I haven’t touched it since, except for layering under better polishes.  Then today I was trying to decide on a color and I kept looking at that bottle of Black Diamond.  And it occurred to me: matte it!

So I tried mattifying Black Diamond and now I LOVE it!  A lot.  It’s funny how that works out sometimes.

Black Diamond alone:

Photo taken in natural light.

Black Diamond under Essie Matte About You:

Photo taken in natural light.

So what do you think?  Do you like it better alone or matted?

Thanks for reading!! :)  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment