Sunday, May 22, 2011

NOTD: Funky Mani

This weekend I was feeling adventurous so I tried some more nail art.  This time I used polish only, no stickers or tape.  This one is 100% free-hand and it actually went quicker than taping my nails off.  The lines aren't as straight since I didn't use tape, but I like the result nonetheless.

I started with 1 coat of base coat.  Then, I painted my nails with 2 coats of the purple-no-name franken I showed you in this post, however, to recreate this look you could use any shade of purple or any color you prefer.  Then, I painted a diagonal line in OPI Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ and filled in the top part of my nail.  Finally, I added a silver stripe using a striper brush, applied quick dry top coat, and I was all done.  By the way, Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ is one of my all-time favorite colors.  The formula is fantastic and you only need 2 coats.  It dries super glossy and the color is this rich purple-burgundy.  I think it's a perfect fall color.





I hope this gives you some inspiration for fun manicures!  Thanks for looking!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment