Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sinful Colors Hazard & My Purple Franken!

Hello!  Happy Weekend to everyone!  I haven't posted in awhile so I have a couple things for today.  First, I want to show you Sinful Colors Hazard, a creamy bright orange.  In the bottle the color is perfect and I was afraid it would dry darker, but it didn't.  It's gorgeous on the nail.  Application on this was a PITA because it kept streaking and I had major cuticle drag.  I wore Essie Feed Me (a hydrating base coat) underneath, so I thought maybe that was the problem.  I took it all off and started over fresh without any base coat to see if that made a difference... nope!  I guess it's just the Sinful Colors formula.  I have that problem a lot with Sinfuls actually, that's why I usually avoid their cremes.  Anyway, this is 3 coats of Hazard, which was total overkill because it's very opaque.  If it had been easier to apply 2 coats would have been plenty for full coverage, but I needed 3 coats to even everything out.  :/  I finished it off with a quick dry top coat.




What do you think?  I just love this shade for summer!

Next, I want to show you a purple franken that I made awhile back.  I just love purple nail polish and couldn't find anything to match what I wanted, so I decided to make my own.  This is really a franken of a franken so I can't remember exactly what I used for it, but I'll try to post a general recipe for you.  I still haven't named it yet either.  What should I name it?  Suggestions welcome!



Recipe:
1/2 bottle clear nail polish (I used Maybelline Express Finish Base & Top Coat)
a little bit of bright red
some OPI DS Mystery for the purple base and gold flakes
some white to lighten it
silver metallic for shimmer
neon purple to get rid of the dustiness

I think that's everything.  It was one giant experiment and I just kept adding and adding until I had what I wanted.  The trick with frankens is to start out by adding small amounts so you can continue tweaking it without ruining the look you're attempting to create.  What do you think?  Do you make frankens?

Thanks for reading!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment