Tuesday, May 24, 2011

NOTD: Sally Hansen Shining

Today I want to show you an oldie but a goodie.  This is a go-to color for me, I just love it!  Sally Hansen Shining is a deep wine color with loads of shimmer.  It's opaque in 1 coat, even better!  When I purchased it I thought it was a dupe for Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Wined Up, but upon closer inspection in the sunlight you can see that Shining has just a touch more purple in it.  Maybe I should do a comparison... It will have to wait until it's sunny here again.

This is 1 coat of strengthening base coat, 1 coat of hydrating base coat (not sure if layering them like that even helps to be honest), and 1 coat of Shining.



Then, I decided to try some nail art.  Now, I am in no way artistic and I'm a klutz.  I'm surprised this didn't turn into a mushed-up blob, truthfully.  Here we go.





Can you tell it's supposed to be a flower? :) 

Thanks for reading!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment