Monday, May 9, 2011

NOTD: Pacific Blue & Flakies

My NOTD didn't turn out how I wanted today.  It's still pretty, but just isn't what I imagined.  I started with a coat of hydrating base coat, as usual.  Then I applied one coat of Sally Hansen Pacific Blue, which is definitely a one-coater.  Then, I added a coat of Wet n Wild Don't Be A Dum Dum, which is a sheer, shimmery teal.  Finally, I added a coat of Nubar 2010 and 2 coats of quick dry top coat.  I really hoped the orange-yellow-green flakies would "pop" on the blue background, but they really didn't.  I also had trouble photographing them. The flakies were not cooperating today, so please don't mind the dim lighting.  That's the only way I could get them to show.


Sorry for the blurry photo, but it shows a nice range of colors.


I topped it all off with Essie Matte About You to see how it would look.




This NOTD wasn't what I imagined, but it's still fun.

It's supposed to be sunny the next few days so I will probably break out some holos soon! :)

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment